Naruhiko Ikoma, M.D. is a surgical oncologist specializing in minimally-invasive surgery (robotic surgery) and multidisciplinary therapy on pancreas cancer, bile duct cancer, and gastric cancer. He completed fellowships in Surgical Oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center and Keio University School of Medicine (Tokyo, Japan), and is Board Certified both in the United States and Japan. Dr. Ikoma received his Master’s Degree in Public Health from The University of Texas School of Public Health. His clinical research interests include improving short and long-term treatment outcomes using minimally-invasive (robotic) surgery techniques for pancreas and gastric cancers. He has received multiple research awards from the Society of Surgical Oncology and the Japanese Surgical Society for his gastric cancer research. He is also interested in improving racial disparity to deliver high-quality cancer treatment equally to all patients, through his public health research. He is an active collaborator in translational research projects of localized treatment for pancreatic and bile duct tumors.
- Cirujano General y Oncólogo del Aparato Digestivo
- Doctor en Medicina
- Cirujano General y Jefe del Departamento de Cirugía de la CLINICA ANGLO AMERICANA
- Profesor de la Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos Lima – Perú
- Profesor de la Facultad de Medicina de la Universidad Cayetano Heredia
- Presidente de la Academia Peruana de Cirugía
- Fundador y Ex presidente de la Soc. Peruana de Cirugía Endoscópica
- Fundador del Capítulo Peruano de la IHPBA
- Fellow ACS, SAGES, ASMBS, IFSO, FELAC, ALACE, AFS.
Professor Patrick Pessaux is the Head of the Hepato-Biliary and Pancreatic surgical Unit in the Department of Digestive and Endocrine Surgery at the University Hospital of Strasbourg, a Professor at the University of Medicine of Strasbourg, and a Researcher in the field of hepato-biliairy and pancreatic diseases and of minimally invasive surgery at the IRCAD Institute of Strasbourg.
After a residency and a fellowship in General and Digestive Surgery, a graduation in medical Studies, he specialized himself in hepato-biliary and pancreatic surgery and in liver transplantation with Professor Jacques Belghiti in Beaujon Hospital. He develops a clinical and fundamental research and he holds a PhD thesis in « Analysis of Heath Systems” since 2006.
He is member of the fundamental research unit INSERM U1110 LabEx HepSys « Interactions virus-hôtes et maladies hépatiques ». He is Professor of Surgery since 2007.
Olivier Soubrane is Professor of Surgery and chairs the Department of HPB Surgery and Liver Transplant in Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France. He received his training and fellowship in surgery in Paris, France, and a post-doc fellowship in liver transplantation with Prof. Carlos E. Esquivel in San Francisco, CA, USA. He previously chaired the Department of Surgery in Cochin Hospital, and the Department of HPB Surgery in St Antoine Hospital, both in Paris,France.
He has dedicated a significant period in research, leading a surgical research laboratory for ten years in Cochin Hospital and serving two terms in Surgery Committees for INSERM, the French National Agency for Research.
As academic surgeon, Olivier Soubrane is an invited reviewer for several international journals including Annals of Surgery, Journal of Hepatology, Annals of Surgical Oncology, Transplantation, American Journal of Transplantation. He is member of IHPBA, ILTS, ESA, and ILLS.
- Professor of Medicine University won the August 21, 2001. Faculty of Medical Sciences. Universidad Nacional de Córdoba. Córdoba. Argentina.
- Specialist in general surgery obtained the May 8, 2001. Certification Board of Medical Professionals. National Academy of Medicine. Argentina.
Dr. Ruslan Alikhanov graduated Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry) in 1998. He received General Surgery training and made his PhD at the Vishnevsky Surgery Institute. He made surgery observership in Department of General Surgery Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, USA in 2004. He completed a fellowship in liver surgery and transplantation (2010) at Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical Center, Taiwan and (2011) at University of Paris, Beaujon Hospital, France. In 2009, Dr. Alikhanov joined the Department of Surgery of M.V. Lomonosov Moscow Statement University as an Associated Professor. From 2013 until now Dr. Alikhanov is the head of liver and pancreatic surgery department in Moscow Clinical Scientific Center which is one of the top in Russia and Europe in management cholangiocarcinoma, laparoscopic liver and pancreatic surgery and advanced hpb surgery.
- Cirurgião Titular (PHTP) no Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Hépatobiliaire et de Transplantation Hépatique do Hospital Universitario La Pitié Salpêtrière. Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris. UPMC – Sorbonne Université
- Especialista em Cirurgia Hepato-biliar pela Universidade de Paris (Paris-Sud) 2004/2005
- Residência e Fellowship (Chef de Clinique Associé) em Cirurgia Hepato-biliar e Transplante de Figado no Centre Hépato-Biliaire, Hospital Universitario Paul Brousse. Universidade Paris XI (Paris-Sud) 2004/2009
- Areas de interesse e pesquisa: Transplante hepatico (Organização, Aspectos técnicos, Avanços e novas tecnologias , figado bi-partido – split); Complicações biliares e vasculares pos transplante hepatico; Carcinoma hepato celular e Colangiocarcinoma peri-hilar.
Shailesh V. Shrikhande
Shailesh V. Shrikhande is Professor of Surgery and Head of GI and HPB Surgery at the Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai, India. He is also Deputy Director of Tata Memorial Hospital. He has received specialist training in Pancreatic Research and Surgery at the University of Bern, Switzerland and University of Heidelberg, Germany. A Warren Fellow of the IHPBA, he has published over 230 papers with an h index of 31 in leading peer reviewed journals and given live operative demonstrations on pancreatic, gastric and colorectal cancer in workshops. Apart from over 500 invited lectures and orations worldwide, he has contributed over 60 book chapters and edited 4 books on GI and Pancreatic Cancers. To promote awareness on pancreatic tumors, he founded the website www.pancreaticcancerindia.com. He serves on editorial and review boards of many international journals and he is the President of the Indian Chapter of IHPBA and Chairman of the Scientific Committee of IHPBA. He is the only Indian who is a member of the International Study Group of Pancreatic Surgery (ISGPS). In recognition of his work on GI Cancer Surgery in India, he was awarded Honorary Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS – ad eundem) of England in 2014.